Friday, September 9, 2011

The Getaway 9.6.11

I woke up in a Jeep familiar, as if made to sleep in the back seat and realizing where I was, I looked around in the car, but nothing of note – it was afternoon on a very sunny Fall Saturday, and though it was seemingly at the owner's house, it looked like my house when I was a teenager in cold spring. I found his phone in the back seat of the car, and thought I shouldn’t have it, and probably not sure how I found myself here, but it was “beyond my control”. I cleaned up the emails on the phone, deleting crap spam but then thought he'd know I had his phone, but seems it was there to begin with, so again not my doing. I looked up to the yard to the left of the house and the leaves were changing, yellow and red in the sunshine, and somehow I “knew” that he were still asleep, drunk and that when he woke up he’d tell me why he left me in the car at his house and went to sleep. In one of those dream flashes, then he was in the car, with DFW in the driver’s seat (note: car now w/o top) and I was trying to hide myself on the rocky hill to the gorge (this is again the description of my house in cold spring) but it was loaded up with stinky, old garbage/bags and I tried to move past them, but they were crawling with ants and that wasn’t fun at all, wiping ants from the garbage off of my bare legs...so I walked down the dirt hill to the main road, as I knew where I was going, but they saw me, followed me and said I didn’t have to walk and I should get in the car. I think I did, because I heard the voices of some doldrums from work near the bridge on the corner so we left, DFW silent at the wheel. Wonder where we ended up.

No comments: